Event Series: SLE TRAINING
Management of Development Projects - ONLINE TRAINING
AppointmentMon., Aug. 17, 2020 -
Fri., Aug. 21, 2020
VenueRobert-Koch-Platz 4, 10115 Berlin
By the end of the course participants will have a good knowledge of the principles of Project Management in development projects. They will have practised its principal mechanisms and be in a position to apply them.
- Basic elements of successful Project Management, the importance of group work and participation in Project Management (team-building processes in Project Management)
- The phases of PCM (Project Cycle Management)
- Impact Orientation – Managing for Development Results (MfDR) and how to successfully adapt the Logical Framework Approach and its tools to the MfDR
- The principles of Monitoring and Evaluation
Tuition fee: The tuition fee is 875,- euros per participant. If you enrol before July 1st 2020, the Early Bird tuition fee applies: 725.- euros.
- Online training course
- Course documentation and learning materials
- Certificate of participation is issued by Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
Our online trainings are not pre-recorded training videos, webinars for large audiences or self-paced e-learning courses. They are virtual live trainings delivered by our trainers in real-time, focusing on the interaction of a small group of remote participants. Just like our face-to-face trainings, these virtual classrooms aim at tailoring the discussions and learning experiences to the training needs of the participants.
Requirements: to attend our live online trainings, a reliable high-speed internet connection and a computer or laptop running Windows or iOS are required (including audio and video). The Humboldt-Universität of Berlin uses the videoconferencing platform Zoom for virtual classrooms as well as digital tools such as Moodle. We strongly recommend an external headset for better sound quality.
Course Methods: The virtual classroom sessions with the trainers and the fellow participants via Zoom are complemented by group exercises, assignments as well as time for self-study and reflection.
Target Group: Professionals in the field of international cooperation and development. A good command of the English language is a prerequisite.
Our short intensive courses promote learning through experience: 'Learning by doing for impact' is the most important aspect of SLE's training philosophy. Our participants come from all around the globe: they include staff from development agencies, national and international NGOs, public institutions, university students and researchers as well as professionals from the private sector. This unique mix of different cultural backgrounds and professions enables a transdisciplinary exchange of experiences within an intercultural learning environment.
Further information and online enrolment: https://www.sle-berlin.de/index.php/en/training/sle-training-courses/apply-now
We are looking forward to receiving your application!
Director: Seminar für Ländliche Entwicklung (SLE)
Phone: +49 (0) 30209346881
Robert-Koch-Platz 4, 10115 Berlin
Room: ONLINE via Zoom
- 03.08.2020-06.08.2020: ONLINE COURSE Participatory Methods for Workshops and Meetings
- 28.09.2020-02.10.2020: ONLINE SLE TRAINING Conflict Management and Conflict Transformation
- 14.10.2020-22.10.2020: Increasing Urban Climate Resilience: Climate Change Adaptation and Mitigation
- 16.11.2020-20.11.2020: Facilitation Skills and Moderation
- 30.11.2020-11.12.2020: Training of Trainers
- 12.04.2021-16.04.2021: Facilitation Skills and Moderation
- 19.04.2021-30.04.2021: Management of Development Projects
- 31.05.2021-11.06.2021: Conflict Management and Conflict Transformation